Wednesday 8 March 2017

CELEBRATING WOMEN’S INTERNATIONAL DAY



I grew up knowing that every woman had to be circumcised, get married and have MANY children,
Your opinion and how you felt about the practices did not matter at ALL,
My husband would abuse me, my screams covered the entire village but that was no one’s business,
All my mother would tell me is hold on my daughter that’s how life is,
The story of women's struggle for equality and emancipation!!!!

The world has witnessed a significant change and attitudinal move in women,
Women have been provided with the freedom to work, have a family and make real choices,
Some women are presidents and queens of nations, other first ladies,
My daughters have their own money, lands and cars, they own prestigious business,
They have the a great power which they use to make the world stand still a VOICE,
The story of women's struggle for equality and emancipation!!!!

This international women day,
I am celebrating, the progress and achievements strong women have made,
I am celebrating the work of courage and determination women have played and done,
I am celebrating each woman’s contribution in one way or another in helping a sister,
I am celebrating every woman who has helped in bring about a major change in the world and women,
The story of women's struggle for equality and emancipation!!!!

Article by
Nene
Alumni














No comments:

Post a Comment