Wednesday 25 January 2017

SMART PLANNING



Happy New Year from The Resource Center for Women and Girls fraternity!
I realise there is nothing new about this year but before January ends, it would be nice to touch base with our wonderful supporters, followers and friends! Every start of the year brings forth new expectations and in some cases, resolutions! I believe that every individual has that one thing, if not two that they hope to achieve every year. Some of the common ones include, making more money, improving in school, getting that job promotion, sending out as many job applications as possible, getting that scholarship you have always wanted, etc…
However, what is most important is what you do to get you to achieve whatever it is you have set out to do. Many people start with morale and motivation, which is good, but why does this motivation fades as the year fades?
Planning!! How do we plan as individuals? Are our plans realistic? Do we evaluate our plans and see if they are SMART plans? I have been a victim of this a couple of times now and this year, I would like to see a difference in the plans I make. I am setting out to make a few plans for the first six months of my year and I look forward to achieving them because this time I will actually work to ensure that my plans are SMART.
This was just a short note to welcome you to the New Year, I sincerely hope that after reading this, you will evaluate your plans to see how SMART they really are!
A goal without a plan is just a Wish
Happy Planning!!
Article by
Ivy Nyawira

No comments:

Post a Comment